Saturday 14 July 2012

A waffle cone is not a size. It just isn't.

"What size can I get you?" I asked the elderly man ordering a cone of White Chocolate Raspberry.

"Just a waffle cone, please," he said, hunched over the register.

"A waffle cone is a type of cone, it isn't a size. We have kids' small, medium and large," I explained, "which can I get you?" I replied. As I spoke, I grabbed a napkin and wrapped it around a waffle cone from the holder nearby.

He pointed his wrinkled finger at the cone in my hand. "That size is great," he insisted.

"No," I explained, "this is a type of cone. You still need to choose a size. You can pick kids', small, medium, or large."

"No," he argued, becoming agitated, "I'm getting a waffle cone!"


Please take this as a cautionary tale. A waffle cone is not a size. It just isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment