Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ice cream for dogs

As soon as the man entered through the exit door with his head down , scratching his nose, I could tell that he was a modest one. He wore an indiscriminate baseball cap and a simple black t-shirt. His hair was a grey-ish white.

"Could I get four vanilla soft-serves in cups, please?" he asked.

I nodded, excited; they're my favourite item on the menu to sculpt. I lined the bowls up on the counter, all side by side. "Is that all for you, sir?" I asked.

"Yes, that'll be all," he answered, "my dogs love these things."

I smile and nod, "So, nothing for you?"

"Nahh," he says, "I like to just come in here for the dogs."

He looks at the bowls of ice cream all lined up on the counter, and hands me a 20 dollar bill. He's smiling.

Some people come in to get ice cream for their kids...others for their dogs. I guess it depends on what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment