Tuesday 3 July 2012

The good life

A gentlemen walks into the store just after 7 looking like he's just played a round of golf. He wears a baseball cap and has a modest sunglass tan; the rest of his face is slightly burnt. He is jolly, with a tummy that protrudes just a bit over his belt buckle. His green polo is tucked in. It matches his plaid shorts perfectly.

He comes in with his wife. He peruses the freezers with vigilance, deciding oin an ice cream. I give him several tasters, but it doesn't bother me. He smiles every time.

Finally, he orders a Chocolate Monkey ice cream in a waffle cone. I happily scoop it for him, rounding out the balls of ice cream to make an aesthetically pleasing cone.

I hand it to him and he is delighted.

"This is the good life!" he exclaims.

I laugh and take the money he is handing me for the cone.

Optimism and Chocolate Monkey ice cream go hand in hand. I guess this is the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment