Sunday 22 July 2012

Moon Mist: A whole new galaxy



Moonmist is one of those flavours that I tasted once and wrote off. Bubblegum, banana and grape; nothing special. Usually, I just scoop it for kids when they see the pretty colours and want an ice cream cone that looks like it's the product of an artificial flavouring factory gone wrong (or right, I'm not quite sure which). That is, when moon mist was old and tired.

Last week however, when I arrived for my 4:00 shift, I noticed our stock of Moon Mist running low. I spotted a tub in the back freezer, and proceeded to heave it into the front. That was when I caught a glimpse of the colours. "Wow!" I exclaimed to my manager, "Moon Mist looks so much better from the outside of the tub."

He wandered over while I rested it against the freezer for him to see. "You're right!" he agreed, "that's weird."

It was only when I opened it that I realized that the flavour did not simply look better through the plastic ice cream tub; the colour scheme had been changed.

What used to be pink, purple and yellow had now been modified to BLUE, purple and yellow.

And if I do say so myself, it looks mighty fine; and it's never sold (or tasted) better either.

Really reminds me how a simple outward change can make an endeavor seem so much more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment