Saturday 14 July 2012

Good ol' moms

I was happy to see one of my favourite customer demographics approach the ice cream shop: a little girl and her mother. Her white dress with purple flowers billowed around her tiny knees in time with her brown ponytail. She looked about six, walking alongside her all-business mother.

Once they entered the shop, the mother decided quickly on the flavour they were going to have. "2 kids' size Mint Chocolate Chunk ice creams in a bowl," she ordered.

She collected napkins from the counter while I ran to get my scoop. Once I was done the first cup, I set it on the low counter beside the cash register.

"Mommy, is that one for me?" the little brunette girl asked.

"Yes, it's yours, sweetie," she said, waiting patiently for the second bowl. To while away the time, she stuck a spoon between her lips and handed me a 10 dollar bill to pay.

Moms are so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment