Sunday 22 July 2012

Customers don't always yell at me...

I consider sundaes my favourite thing to make. Ingredients-wise, it's really an all-hands-on-deck deal. After perfecting a soft serve mountain of vanilla, I slap the dish on the counter and run to get the whipped cream, nuts, sauce of the customer's choice and maraschino cherries. I drizzle the whole thing in sauce before making a ribbon of whipped cream around the edge of the dish and sprinkling a spoonful of nuts on top. Finally, I throw the cherry on top, stick a spoon in and call it a sundae.

This time, the customer asked for a small strawberry sundae. I nodded eagerly and went to perform the ritual as described above. When I handed it to him, with strawberry sauce just burgeoning over the edge and the whipped cream still holding fast to the peak of the creation, his jaw fell to the metal counter.

"Good Lord!" he yelled, "You're telling me that's a small?!"

Before I could respond, he doubled over in gales of laughter.


Customer don't always yell at me, but when they do, it's because of my sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment