Sunday 5 August 2012

Manly men with larges

"I'll have a large."

This is a sentence I hear on very rare occasions. Often, (as in this instance) it is said to me by men who've never experienced how extreme our sizes can be. This particular customer was leaning on the freezer like he owned the place. He looked like he was in his mid 30's, with a greasy hairdo and ripped jeans.

"Have you ever been here before, sir?" I asked, "Because, just to let you know, our larges are pretty huge."

"No, but, it'll be fine, I can handle it. Gimme Moose Tracks and High Roller," he ordered, "in a bowl."

I rolled my eyes, already predicting how this was going to go. Still, I harnessed my scoop and started going.

"That looks good right there," he told me after a few scoops in the right direction.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yea, yea, close enough," he said.

I nodded obediently and rang him up for the small.

Manly men aren't so manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment