Sunday 5 August 2012

Blue slushie bliss

In my opinion, slushies are the most reasonably priced items on the menu. Surprisingly, however, it isn't often that they're ordered.

Because of this, I found it curious when a young mother and an excited 6 year old girl each ordered a medium blueberry slushie.The girl pulled at her mother's skirt while panting with thirst. "Slushie, slushie, slushie!" she yelled, jumping up and down from the cluster of customers she was enclosed in.

"The sizes are pretty big," I cautioned, eying the apparently rabid child.

"That's fine," the mother insisted, "we have a long drive ahead of us."

I nodded and went to make the delightfully blue slushies. I positioned them both on the counter, and set up the debit machine for the mother to pay. Her daughter took this opportunity to laugh like an extremist and run up and down the freezers with her hair flying behind her.

I watched the mother leave with great pity, as she handed the blue slushie to her daughter.

As if that kid needed more sugar.

"Have a great drive!" I called after them

(Yeah, right)

No comments:

Post a Comment