Monday 11 June 2012

The demography of ice cream girls


It isn’t scientifically proven, but I have my own theory that ice cream girls don’t happen to be the best drivers. In fact, they generally suck. It might just be, but I figure I might as well encompass the majority of the ice cream girl population in my town due to the pride I take in the job. Again, it isn’t scientifically proven, but I have my own theory.

On that note, I’m still figuring out the mechanics of the streets in my city. I also seem to be needing a reminder of the two turns I must take in order to get from my house to the ice cream shop. Consequently, after missing the first turn, I was veering late for work. I came from the opposite direction as usual and put my blinker on to signal my desire to swing into the parking lot. The occasional other car was coming from the other direction. When they stopped, I saw my chance. I did a half decent blind spot check, looked both ways and put my pedal to the metal. My car barreled into the parking lot. It just so happens that it may have jumped a curb on the way. It also just so happens that a crowd of my acquaintances sat at the picnic bench in front of the shop working on their ice cream.


Some days you miss one of the two turns on your way to work, other days you run over curbs on the way and sometimes a group of friends is there to watch you do it. Sometimes, all three of these things even happen at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment