Monday 14 May 2012

I can't believe you fell for that


 I bounded into the dairy bar with sweat sticking to my back after walking there in the hot sun. In short, I was in the right mood and the right place for some ice cream.

I grabbed a cone and marched to the soft serve machine to stick it under the faucet. Slowly, I rotated the cone around the machine to produce a cone as beautiful as ever. Perfection.I leaned on the counter as my coworkers appeared from the back room, armed with their own refreshments. 

“Ooh, you’re eating the soft serve?” one asked, “I wouldn’t if I were you, it smells weird today.
Instinctively, I lifted the cone to my nose to sniff the product. That’s when the entire cone came hurtling towards my face, propelled by my coworker’s palm. 

“I can’t believe you fell for that,” she laughed amidst the soft serve dripping down my face.
I shook my head. “Me neither.”

No comments:

Post a Comment